Wednesday, March 27

Molly's Walla Walla Race Report

There are wayyyyyy too many things to write about for our home race, so I figured that I would bullet out some of my highlights from the week leading up to the home race as well as the race itself.

  • Jenna, Luke, Whitney, and my epic ride up Mill Creek. We ran into hail so bad that we had to take cover under a tree, which we had to abandon about 30 seconds later after we saw a lightning strike. I still have faint spots/welts on my thighs from the hail a week later! I would also just like to mention that the forecast did NOT call for hail or thunder storms.
  • Me screaming and tearing across the Home Depot parking lot in a somewhat delirious state after Luke called 'slug bug'
  • Hosting the lovely Central Washington University cycling team and some of my teammates in my house for the weekend
  • Sweeping corners with Charles in a constant gravel/dust storm
  • Getting to watch Becca stay with our lead Women's B pack for a huge chunk of the race
  • Realizing that I sometimes forget Andi (UI) and Laura (UO) aren't actually my teammates...
  • Finally getting Ryan out to race our home race (it only took 3 years and his sister joining the team...)
  • Being reunited with Lizzy after way too long. I'm so excited to ride with her again!
  • Not being a 'crit pansy' and actually being aggressive and playing a role in the race. This is the first crit in quite awhile that I have taken corners at full speed with the pack and was feeling totally comfortable :)
  • Finally finding someone to draw a unicorn on a pair of pink fleece pants that I've always thought needed a unicorn on them. And it didn't come out in the wash!
  • Acquiring the last of my points needed for an upgrade to the A's/USAC cat 3 (not upgrading for this upcoming weekend though) after losing a lot of them during my asthma-attacking season last year
  • Watching Luke and Berto put on an AWESOME event
  • Not having any lung problems
  • Finishing off a wonderful race weekend only to find that the battery of the suburban hooked to the trailer totally died on us
Love,
Molly

Sweeping SO MUCH gravel off the course


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, CHARLES!!!!

Artwork by Seth from University of Montana. The pants definitely look like they need a unicorn, right??
Jumping the burb. Not something we really wanted to do after a long race weekend...



No comments:

Post a Comment