Sunday, April 28

Molly's Conference Weekend

Annnnd here go the highlight bullet points:

  • Whitney riding with Rachel & I during the road race and cracking jokes to help keep us moving. We had both been sick the previous week, so the ride was filled with wayyyyy more snot rockets than usual, and Rachel continuously threatening to throw up on us.
  • Whitney's yellow sign sprint in the middle of our road race
  • Rachel, Whitney, and I crossing the finish line of the road race with our arms around each others shoulders. Awwwwwww, teammates :)
  • Winning the Women's A TTT! Also being dragged along the entire time by Mackinzie and Rachel - thanks for the encouragement, guys :)
  • Wearing face paint for the TTT
  • Seeing the Women's B TTT team going back towards the finish and seeing them in a perfect eschelan. Soooooo proud of how far those girls have come in only one season!
  • Going to the end of the year captains conference meeting with Rachel and getting tacos and hot chocolate beforehand.
  • Listening to everyone's ideas about how to recruit and retain women on cycling teams. And seeing how concerned and interested the men all were about expanding women in cycling. Thanks to all of you for listening and taking such an interest - it's great to know that the women riders can all rely on you :)
  • Pre-riding the course about 7 times before actually getting the courage to take the conference crit descending corner without brakes. Yay for working on not being a crit pansy! And crits are fun again! Hooray! But actually. They are super fun.
  • Being the most aggressive I've ever been in a crit and taking a descending corner without brakes at full speed on other rider's wheels. Which may not sound like a huge deal, but it is :)
  • Finally feeling like I'm actually supposed to be a Women's A rider
  • DJing the crit race. Mulan and Ghostbusters were definitely my best picks...
  • Somehow messing the music up multiple times while Mackinzie and I worked on a new playlist - ooops. Not sure how we managed that one - sorry, everyone!
  • Copping out on commentating part of the crit after Drew gave me the microphone to rate the Men's A rider's calves. I didn't want to make any of them feel bad...
  • Watching my teammates crush every single race! I honestly cannot express how happy I am for all of my teammates and just how proud of every single one of them I am. I am so lucky to be part of such a wonderful, funny, talented, and supportive team.
Annnnnnnnnd we leave for NATS in THREE DAYS! Time for another adventure!

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment