Wednesday, July 6

5-Mile Scenery

As promised, here is a photo from my ride today over 5 Mile Hill. Although it is starting to get hot, the scenery more than makes up for it.

Yesterday, there was a ice cream ride hosted by Wheatland Wheelers. As usual there were three different rides, cruiser, social, and training ride. I went on the training ride thinking I was in better shape than the ice cream ride ~2 weeks ago. Somehow I managed up 2nd wheel back from the start of the ride. After I started my pull (we were in a double paceline), the person next to me, a rider for Audi, picked it up slightly and I started to suffer under the pace. Eventually I cracked and had to drift to the side. Although I tried to catch onto the back, I didn't have the energy and I got dropped within 2 miles of the start of the ride. :) Luckily the group slowed down and waited for me. I was very tempted to just turn around and go home at that point. After that, I avoided pulling and was able to stick on until a break group took off and we formed a chase group, at which point I got dropped off the back again. Luckily there was a regroup point within 800 meters of where I was dropped, so I caught on once again. After that, I was able to stick with the pack for the rest of the ride (~12 miles). It was my first pack finish with Wheatland Wheelers/Allegro Cyclery training ride!! I was quite ecstatic AND I got free ice cream even!

1 comment:

  1. Keep riding and having a blast, those legs will turn around soon.

    ReplyDelete