Monday, October 26

I pretty much got my ass handed to me

John Whiting had a tough experience in Spokane this weekend.

After finishing 2nd last week in the beginners category, he tried out the men's B this week. It was 30 degrees in the early morning so he got a taste of december racing.

Enjoy!

Haha well I tried out the Men's B race and I pretty much got my ass handed to me. I started off pretty horrible in the back and then went down around one of the corners which isn't too great of an excuse considering Justin, Charles, and Michael caught up to me despite a pretty nice wipe out and flat among themselves. I can sure say those fifteen more minutes do make a difference. The course was relatively fast, but at several points was extremely bumpy, there were a ton of puddles/pot holes which were interesting, one damn root which I nailed and screwed up my front wheel, the run up was nice, and there was one basically forced puddle which got everything real nice and cold in addition to the less than desirable temperature to begin with. Although it sucks that I need to get a new wheel, the race was fun, and a definite learning experience.


Racing resumes this weekend in Walla Walla!

1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks for putting that up Ben, I will keep this in mind when writing future emails. I think the title says it all.

    ReplyDelete